The event, which returns to Beijing, the site of the 11th World Meat Congress in 1997, takes place on 14-16 June, and the theme for this year is ‘Prospects for Sustainable Development and Growth of the Global Meat Industry’.
With the importance international trade continuing to grow, particularly for meat, the Congress offers a great opportunity for the sector to assess the potential for new markets.
The location of the event, in Beijing will also provide a focus on the opportunities within China and the wider Asian markets, but also for those countries on the broader international markets.
The Congress will conclude with a high-level leadership discussion, which organisers are promising to be "the meat industry debate you cannot afford to miss". Bringing together five CEOs of global meat companies, the debate will cover food security, food safety and sustainability, and how all three issues will drive meat production and consumption trends into the future.
The speakers will include:
• Wan Long, chairman and CEO, Shuanghui Group, China
• Wesley Batista, global CEO and president, JBS SA
• Chen Xibing, chairman, Heilongjiang Grand Farm Industrial Co, China
• Kjeld Johannesen, CEO, Danish Crown A/S
• Noel White, president of poultry, Tyson Foods