The business completed its statutory negotiations in its Finland division. As a result of these, it will reduce its Finnish workforce by 74 employees. The reduction will be implemented by terminating fixed-term and permanent employment contracts and through retirement arrangements. The staff reduction is part of a strategy to achieve a group-wide annual savings totalling €10m.
HKScan CEO Tero Hemmilä said: “We plan to work hard and focus our efforts on improving our financial situation. During the recent negotiations, we were pleased to hear useful ideas from our personnel for clarifying the roles and responsibilities in the organisation and improving our future performance. We will put those ideas to work in our forthcoming systematic efforts to improve our efficiency and competitiveness.”
The business also restructured its management team to help with its efficiency strategy.
HKScan Corporation’s management team is now comprised of:
- Executive vice president (EVP) market area Finland: Jari Leija
- EVP market area Sweden: Sofia Hyléen Toresson
- EVP market area Baltics: Anne Mere
- EVP market area Denmark & International: Jukka Nikkinen
- EVP meat balance & supply chain: Esa Mäki
- Chief operating officer (COO), leading operations and technology functions: Mika Koskinen
- Chief financial officer (CFO): Jyrki Paappa
- EVP administration (HR and legal): Markku Suvanto
Hemmilä added: “We are in the process of renewing the company strategy and are reviewing our strategic focus areas. Future strategic decisions, together with the changes reported today, will help us build a stronger foundation for HKScan’s business development and future. These changes support us in strengthening the company’s financial performance in the ongoing development stage.”