Jungbunzlauer is a leading producer of biodegradable ingredients of natural origin. We are a Swiss-based, family-owned company whose roots date back to 1867. We operate FSSC 22000 certified manufacturing sites in Austria, Canada, France and Germany.
Responsibility and sustainability are at the core of our vision From nature to ingredients®. We transform nature’s plants into useful ingredients and efficient solutions for the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, detergent and other industries. Thereby we touch upon billions of people’s daily lives around the globe.
Based on our expertise in fermentation technologies we use renewable raw materials to produce high quality citric acid, gluconic acid, lactic acid, xanthan gum and erythritol, as well as salts, esters and blends based on these products. Our ingredients enable our customers to produce and market healthier, safer, tastier and more sustainable goods to consumers or industries globally.
As a result of recent product, application and legal developments, we are now able to offer new healthy and safe solutions for meat products:
- Improves juiciness and texture of battered meat products
- Reduces fat uptake of battered meat products during frying
- Increased water binding in meat products
- Salt replacer
- Up to 50% sodium reduction
- Same flavour and functionality in sodium reduced meat products
- Phosphate replacement in meat batters
- Supports acidification during meat processing
- Enhance colour development during curing
- New curing salt substitute
- Up to 35% sodium reduction
- Excellent taste and steady performance
- Now permitted in the EU for pathogen reduction in beef carcass wash
- Support of good hygienic slaughtering practices
- Increased food safety for the consumers.
Sodium and Potassium Lactates
Lactate / Diacetate Blends
- Excellent Listeria control
- Shelf life extension for less food wasting
- Up to 35% sodium reduction (potassium versions)
- Cost effective stabiliser for sausages
- Improves mouthfeel in cooked ham
- Up to 60% phosphate substitution without compromise on taste and texture